Over the past 30 years, we have formed a highly collaborative, team-oriented work atmosphere with many open communication tools to capture staff ideas, concerns, and recommendations. We strive to provide a unique and stimulating work environment, and are committed to every employee—offering competitive benefits, fostering an inclusive workplace, and providing career development.
We are experiencing rapid growth, with a focus on client service, quality work, and staff development while at the same time encouraging a healthy work-life balance.
- Competitive salaries
- Health and dental benefits
- 401k and profit-sharing
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. All CDW employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Email resume to [email protected].
Resident Engineer to support a Sewer/Drainage Improvements project on the North Shore. The Resident Engineer will observe roadway construction work and perform necessary reporting and paperwork associated with resident inspection work. Experience with localized excavation and/or CIPP lining preferred. Send resume clearly showing experience working on water line and roadway projects.
Variety of RE Projects Year-Round, Send Resume Today
CDW regularly contracts with Resident Engineers to support a wide-variety of ongoing projects. Projects vary in duration and location. Contracts have been for wastewater treatment facility upgrades, roadway upgrades, and landfill closures, and are mostly in the greater Boston area. Resident Engineers will observe work performed on site and complete all necessary reporting associated with the assignment. Email your resume that clearly shows prior Resident Engineering experience.
CDW also strongly encourages students and/or interns to apply. Coursework can be substituted for work experience.
Senior Environmental Engineer or Scientist – Project Manager
Environmental Engineer/Scientist with 6-15+ years of relevant experience. This position provides technical expertise and management of staff in conducting Environmental Site Assessments, response actions, and regulatory compliance as well as the preparation of technical reports summarizing findings of investigations. The work will be in the office and periodically out in the field. Experience with hazardous building materials is a plus.
Solid knowledge of federal and state regulations is highly desirable. Excellent writing and communication skills as well as proficiency with MS Office applications are required. Professionalism, ambition and initiative are essential to be successful in this position. The candidate must be highly motivated; customer focused, and works well in a team environment.
Candidate will be familiar with all aspects of environmental consulting including ways to generate new business. Career growth and ownership opportunities are part of our culture – we’re a great place to work!
- BS in environmental science or in a closely related science or engineering discipline; Master’s Degree is a plus
- 6+ years advanced consulting experience
- OSHA 40 hour training (current)
- Professional Credentials are desirable
- Comfortable in an outdoor setting and carrying equipment up to approx 20 lbs.
- Must be willing to travel regionally (New England) to meet client and project needs.
Preferred candidate will possess the following capabilities:
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and then communicate those findings
- Excellent analytical writing skills
- Knowledge of environmental regulations
- Ability to work well in a team environment and lead groups of 5-10 staff
- Great problem solving abilities
- Committed to the customer experience and fostering client relationships
Licensed Professional Land Surveyor
Full- or Part-time to perform fieldwork, research, and calculations for boundary surveys, topographical surveys, construction layouts, and ALTA surveys. Qualified candidates must possess a valid Massachusetts Professional Land Surveyor License (PLS), be well versed in the fundamentals of land surveying, including conventional and GPS field surveying methods, land records research, boundary retracement, construction stakeout and boundary and subdivisions land use law.
- Must have survey equipment
- Flexible schedule
Asbestos Project Manager
Qualified candidates will have 8+ years of environmental industry experience providing building-related consulting services with strong technical writing and communication skills. The responsibilities include conducting and overseeing asbestos, lead and hazardous materials surveys, site investigation, abatement, and air and waste sampling. The ideal candidate will possess current license and certification as a Certified Asbestos Consultant (CAC) and Lead Inspector/Assessor/ Project Monitor certification; and, strong project management and risk assessment skills. BS in engineering or science preferred. PE, LSP and/or PG certifications are a bonus. This is a career position that will lead to a definitive track of advancement for the motivated person interested in the business side of consulting.
- Degree in environmental engineering, geology, environmental science or closely related science.
- Strong skills in asbestos design and management
- Certified Asbestos Consultant
- Lead/Assessor Project monitor certification
- OSHA 40-hour training
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 8+ Years of experience
- Team-player attitude with a strong ability to engage in positive and mutually successful interpersonal relationships
- Must be willing to travel to meet project needs
Professional Wetland Scientist
CDW is seeking candidates with diverse technical background in environmental science, field surveys and wetland resource policy, with over 5 years of professional experience in environmental consulting within the public, private and non-profit sectors. The job responsibilities include wetland delineation, wetland restoration planning, environmental impact analysis, wetland and water quality permitting and environmental education.
The successful candidate will be experienced and versed in the wetland delineation method for both the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the Federal wetlands delineation method. Added expertise would include identification of flood zones, bordering vegetated wetland species, unique or rare plants, and habitats of rare or endangered species.
Also seeking skills in environmental permitting, wetland restoration & replication, storm water management and compliance monitoring, and experience working with agencies and clients to ensure a smooth, efficient and simple permitting and compliance process.
B.S., Environmental Science, Engineering, Biology, Conservation, or related field required, P.W.S. preferred.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Engaging in research that includes field or laboratory observations, analysis of data, and preparation of reports to private/public clients,
- Serving as a leader or assistant leader on wetland-related projects requiring independent judgment and action,
- Working as a wetland specialist, or scientist,
- Directing or conducting wetland delineation or evaluation,
- Data collections, professional report writing, making routine soil and plant identifications, conducting bioassay or other analytical laboratory determinations.