CDW Consultants is a client focused firm, providing exceptional customer service by offering clients complementary professional disciplines under one roof. Over the past 30 years, we have formed a highly collaborative, team-oriented work atmosphere with many open communication tools to capture staff ideas, concerns, and recommendations.
We strive to provide a unique and stimulating work environment, and are committed to every employee—offering competitive benefits, fostering an inclusive workplace, and providing career development. CDW supports the efforts of our staff to learn and grow and creates a challenging and progressive work environment.
We are experiencing rapid growth, with a focus on client service, quality work, and staff development while at the same time encouraging a healthy work-life balance.
• Competitive salaries
• Health and dental benefits
• 401 k and profit sharing
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Email resume to [email protected].
Employment Opportunities Include:
NEW: Senior Environmental Engineer or Scientist –
Environmental Engineer/Scientist with 6-15+ years of relevant experience. This position provides technical expertise and management of staff in conducting Environmental Site Assessments, response actions, and regulatory compliance as well as the preparation of technical reports summarizing findings of investigations. The work will be in the office and periodically out in the field. Experience with hazardous building materials is a plus.
Solid knowledge of federal and state regulations is highly desirable. Excellent writing and communication skills as well as proficiency with MS Office applications are required. Professionalism, ambition and initiative are essential to be successful in this position. The candidate must be highly motivated; customer focused, and works well in a team environment.
Candidate will be familiar with all aspects of environmental consulting including ways to generate new business. Career growth and ownership opportunities are part of our culture – we’re a great place to work!
- BS in environmental science or in a closely related science or engineering discipline; Master’s Degree is a plus;
- 6+ years advanced consulting experience;
- OSHA 40 hour training (current);
- Professional Credentials are desirable;
- Comfortable in an outdoor setting and carrying equipment up to approx 20 lbs.;
- Must be willing to travel regionally (New England) to meet client and project needs.
Preferred candidate will possess the following capabilities:
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and then communicate those findings
- Excellent analytical writing skills
- Knowledge of environmental regulations
- Ability to work well in a team environment and lead groups of 5-10 staff
- Great problem solving abilities
- Committed to the customer experience and fostering client relationships
Senior Civil Engineer – Project Manager
We are seeking a qualified senior civil engineer to be the project manager on a variety of land development projects including land planning and feasibility, design development, permitting and construction for municipal, residential, commercial, institutional and recreational applications throughout Massachusetts and New England. Tasks will include but not be limited to drafting plans, preparing engineering reports and calculations, preparing applications, site inspections and project management.
- BS Civil Engineering or related
- 5+ years’ experience in managing civil engineering projects
- Design and permitting of land development projects in MA
- Experience in stormwater design and compliance with MA Stormwater Management Standards
- Proficiency in of AutoCAD Civil 3D and HydroCAD
- PE not required, but candidate is eligible for obtaining Professional License
- Experience making presentations
- Exceptional verbal, written and analytical skills as well as the ability to generate, interpret and present reports, graphs and other communications;
- Must be customer service oriented, decisive and results oriented
- Travel may be required within MA and the New England Region, job location will be in Natick office
Resident Engineer to observe construction work at sites and perform the necessary reporting and paperwork associated with resident inspection work. Most are long-term projects, with approximate duration of three to twelve months. Please send resume clearly showing experience.
Licensed Professional Land Surveyor
Full- or Part-time to perform fieldwork, research, and calculations for boundary surveys, topographical surveys, construction layouts, and ALTA surveys. Qualified candidates must possess a valid Massachusetts Professional Land Surveyor License (PLS), be well versed in the fundamentals of land surveying, including conventional and GPS field surveying methods, land records research, boundary retracement, construction stakeout and boundary and subdivisions land use law.
- Must have survey equipment
- Flexible schedule
Asbestos Project Manager
Qualified candidates will have 8+ years of environmental industry experience providing building-related consulting services with strong technical writing and communication skills. The responsibilities include conducting and overseeing asbestos, lead and hazardous materials surveys, site investigation, abatement, and air and waste sampling. The ideal candidate will possess current license and certification as a Certified Asbestos Consultant (CAC) and Lead Inspector/Assessor/ Project Monitor certification; and, strong project management and risk assessment skills. BS in engineering or science preferred. PE, LSP and/or PG certifications are a bonus. This is a career position that will lead to a definitive track of advancement for the motivated person interested in the business side of consulting.
- Degree in environmental engineering, geology, environmental science or closely related science.
- Strong skills in asbestos design and management
- Certified Asbestos Consultant
- Lead/Assessor Project monitor certification
- OSHA 40-hour training
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 8+ Years of experience
- Team-player attitude with a strong ability to engage in positive and mutually successful interpersonal relationships
- Must be willing to travel to meet project needs.
Project Engineer/Scientist with 3 to 5 years of experience. The primary duties for the position will be to provide technical and field support for senior project managers in preparing Environmental Site Assessments, response actions, and regulatory compliance as well as the preparation of technical reports summarizing findings of investigations. Field experience and sampling of environmental media are required. Knowledge of federal and state regulations is highly desirable. Excellent writing and communication skills as well as proficiency with MS Office applications are required. Professionalism and initiative are essential to be successful in this position. The candidate must be highly motivated; customer focused, and works well in a team environment. Mentoring and career growth opportunities are available.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or in a closely related science or engineering discipline
- Master’s Degree is a plus
- OSHA 40-hour training
- Must be willing to travel regionally to meet project needs
Professional Wetland Scientist
CDW is seeking candidates with diverse technical background in environmental science, field surveys and wetland resource policy, with over 5 years of professional experience in environmental consulting within the public, private and non-profit sectors. The job responsibilities include wetland delineation, wetland restoration planning, environmental impact analysis, wetland and water quality permitting and environmental education.
The successful candidate will be experienced and versed in the wetland delineation method for both the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the Federal wetlands delineation method. Added expertise would include identification of flood zones, bordering vegetated wetland species, unique or rare plants, and habitats of rare or endangered species.
Also seeking skills in environmental permitting, wetland restoration & replication, storm water management and compliance monitoring, and experience working with agencies and clients to ensure a smooth, efficient and simple permitting and compliance process.
B.S., Environmental Science, Engineering, Biology, Conservation, or related field required, P.W.S. preferred.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Engaging in research that includes field or laboratory observations, analysis of data, and preparation of reports to private/public clients,
- Serving as a leader or assistant leader on wetland-related projects requiring independent judgment and action,
- Working as a wetland specialist, or scientist,
- Directing or conducting wetland delineation or evaluation,
- Data collections, professional report writing, making routine soil and plant identifications, conducting bioassay or other analytical laboratory determinations.